Sarah's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

May 16, 2010

bookshelves: terjemahan, i-own, series
Recommended for: for action/romance fans out there.
Read in January, 2010

this book, actually almost dropped my jaw.
this book was more amazing than I expected. you know, because they said this book was like another series of Wicked Lovely or Evermore (which I didn't like them) but turned out to be like this. well, now I'm a fan of Richelle Mead.
my sister found this book title ridiculous which is, I thought so. but who cares about the book title anyway?

first, I didn't like the mythology in this book, too confusing and Mead didn't describe them completely, there's a lot flaws about them. like the 'sinner' (I don't know what the english version name is, I read Indonesian) would become a strigoi. sure, if Moroi murdered someone they would become Strigoi but she didn't explain why. was it about the magic or what? if they sucked someone until they were death, what's wrong with that? it was just someone died because they were bleeding so bad. that didn't mean the Moroi was the killer if you asked me. it's about perspective. not that I agree about murdering.

but after all, this book like sucked me without I realized.
the characters, were all so lively I wouldn't doubt they come alive. except Dimitri, who was I thought is better he didn't put in this story. he was too perfect, unreal, ruined the characters. even I didn't against him too much.
I loved Vasilisa and Rosemary.
Rose, was your kind of rebellion girl. she was responsible and yet, like other teenagers, unstable.
on the other hand, Vasilisa was the stable one. she depressed sometimes but she was stronger than she looked. when she wanted to do something, she would do it right away and succesfull. adore her much.
the girls were so suit each other. Rose maybe looked the violent, cruel one. but she was the kind of I'm-gonna-smack-your-face. she was good for a guardian. but the cruel one was Lissa. she could stab your back and did it without mercy. she was the girl who could walked on a thin thread and survived.
the leader and the guardian. so suit each other.

well, the thing why Rose fell in love with Dimitri? I could understand that. she was like I said, unstable. she need someone older, experienced, and wise to lead her way and she found that in Dimitri.
but I didn't think they were good at each other. I didn't mean about the forbidden love, I'm sure girls love them. but it was just they were not as cute as Christian-Lissa.
duh, they were such a very cute couple! they were like known each other for one thousand years! if there's a poll about the greatest couple here, I would totally vote for Christian-Lissa.
plus, Christian was so my type. the kind of rebellious guy with deep past. who didn't think he wasn't sexy?

the school life? well, that was the real school life. the popular, the unpopular, the I'm-going-stab-your-back, but the I'm-drunk? I don't know.
and I loved the Villain she made. Victor, Natalie, Mia. wow, they were so cool I respect them.

actually, I wanna put 4.5 for this book, since I was not so into the mythology. but I'm a very nice person! and Vampire Academy deserved this.
I just wanna go straight to Frostbite!!!
don't mind if you think this review was confusing. I was like blurting everything in my head!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Mery the best review i ever read. hahaha :P

Sarah Duh, jadi geer nih! Wkwkwk

Mickey You did a good job at the review I love it way better than mine best review ever

Sarah Thank you! Glad that you like it!

Mikaela Wicked Lovely was a good book, Ink Exchange- meh and i stopped reading there the VA series was awesommeee
!!!

Sarah well, I liked Donia in Wicked Lovely, it's just the main characters I wanted to scream about. :P
yeah, VA series is cool! haha... :D

Anni S would you leave a comment about the book on my blog?

Michael Did you see the movie yet? The movie really needs fans to pull through because as of now its a flop. So please support the movie :)