Raya's Reviews > As Sure as the Dawn

As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers

May 15, 10

bookshelves: favorites

There are books that are good, even great, books that you will remember and offer glowing recommendations to all you meet. And then there are books like As Sure as the Dawn, which, days later, will still leave you in awe and wonder. There’s power behind this story, that transformative, tremor-inducing power that makes you forget this is a work of fiction and not something that raised itself out of the ground.

This is considered Christian fiction, which by definition already holes itself to certain prejudices. Francine Rivers, however, is a tremendous story-teller who appeals to Christians and non-Christians without compromising the crux of her message. The characters are flawed, weak, and remarkably human, and not the perfect, holier than thou robots one might expect to find in this genre.

Needless to say, I loved everything about this final installment in this trilogy and would highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Sure as the Dawn.

Hadassah I loved the first two, and am hopeful to love the third in the series just as much!

Raya Loved these books! Haven't found any to top them but I'm still looking.