Shawna's Reviews > Changing the Game

Changing the Game by Jaci Burton

Nov 13, 14

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, jaci-burton, sports-romance-hot-jocks, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, series-play-by-play, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, unrequited-love-crush, kindle, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, heroine-redhead, older-woman-cougar-younger-guy, yowza-hotness, steam-5-scorching-x, backdoor-action-lovin-playin, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, i-read-kindle, i-read-own-faves-keepers, hero-alpha‎, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, steam-4-smokin, 2011-reads, 4-to-5-stars, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, hero-redeems-himself-reformed, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-ridiculed-unpopular, heroine-i-adore, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, smut-fix-smuttastic-fun, favorite-romance-series, heroine-miss-independent, hh-famous-celebrity, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, heroine-classy-lady, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, heroine-career-professional-success, hh-athlete-jock
Recommended for: Fans of erotic sports romances
Read on August 06, 2011

4 ½ stars – Contemporary/Sports Erotic Romance

Thoughts Before Reading
NOT that I'm complaining at all about the masculine perfection of this cover 'cause HELLO, just look at those mouthwateringly yummy shoulders and biceps...GRRR! But, don't baseball players usually have a little more junk in their trunk and thicker thighs? I think I have an obligation to read this (as purely scientific study of course) to find out. *naughty grin*

Thoughts After Reading
After careful review and scientific analysis, I have determined that this cover model, albeit delicious in his own right, isn’t a totally adequate representation for the studtastic hotness that is Gavin Riley.

Allow me to offer some additional...ahem...visual demonstrations.

Gavin thinking about Liz:
Photobucket

Gavin fresh from the shower after a grueling game:
Photobucket

Gavin lazing around in jeans:
Photobucket

I really enjoyed this, although not quite as much as The Perfect Play. Gavin and Liz are seriously smokin’ hot together and scorch the sheets, the balcony, the shower, the floor, the couch, the kitchen counter, and just about any and every surface they touch. Gavin is yummy of course, but I was surprised by how much I ended up liking and rooting for Liz after her outright display of utter bitchiness in The Perfect Play. The author does a good job explaining her hidden insecurity and vulnerability and making her into a sympathetic heroine. Mick was a total d*ck, no pun intended, to Gavin and Liz and tried his best to tear them apart. Luckily he eventually came around because otherwise I was going to have to pummel him, which would have been a damn shame considering how much I loved him in The Perfect Play. 4 ½ stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changing the Game.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Pamela(AllHoney) Yes, for science I think it is necessary to read this! Please be sure to analyze carefully and post results of said research. lol

message 2: by Keri (last edited Aug 07, 2011 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Keri I can't wait to read this one. :-) I will scientifically catalog all my reactions to it.

Shawna LOL, ladies!

message 4: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin LOL Shawna! I never knew you had an entirely inquisitive nature!

message 5: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass DAYUM! He is F I N E

Auntee Now Shawna, they can't all be JH...;)

Shawna Auntee wrote: "Now Shawna, they can't all be JH...;)"

True that! :)

Sara  ~Sphunky~ I vote for Jaci for the HOTTEST covers in 2011...these last 2 have been mouth watering...DAMN! As for the junk in the trunk, maybe we can ask her to flip him around for the back cover shot...for research purposes of course. Either way, I have my man candy for the next few months :-)

Shawna I agree that Jaci definitely won the hottie cover lottery with this series. LOL, I'd love to see him from the back!

Auntee Shawna, I will PM the 'back cover' shot to you if you want...;)

Shawna OH YEAH...Me want alright! :)

message 12: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Me want too! Why can't you post it here, Auntee? Is it too naughty? *wiggles eyebrows*

Auntee Let me take a look at it again and I'll see...it might be 'offensive' to some.:)

Tell you what, I'll PM it to both of you and let you decide.;)

You know it's not really the back cover shot, right?

message 14: by Dina (last edited Mar 03, 2011 05:33PM) (new) - added it

Dina Auntee, I just got your PM and I see your point - and other interesting stuff too, LOL. I don't think I'd be brave enough to post that pic in an open thread, even though I had no qualms adding that nekkid butt pic to my review of Christmas Hookup. Why? It all comes down to the "package", baby. Call me weird, but I find the viewing of a naked backside less "offensive" than the viewing of a (flimsy) covered "package". Does this make sense to you?

Auntee Yepper. That's why I was a little afraid to post it openly, even though everything was covered (technically).;)

message 16: by Nisha (new)

Nisha Aww, now, you peaked my interest.

@Dina - I like how you rationalize levels of "offensive"-ness

message 17: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina :D

Auntee Nisha, imagine a muscular guy in a batting stance, holding a baseball bat, wearing a batting helmet, wristbands, knee socks, jockstrap...and nothing else.

message 19: by Nisha (new)

Nisha Sounds pretty nice to me. >_< thanks Auntee

Shawna Thanks for sharing, Auntee! It (and the hot Jed Hill pics) definitely made my Thursday. *Shawna moans yum yum over man candy!*

Christi Snow I have to say, who cares if the book is good when these covers look this awesome...YUM! I know that I bought #1 just for the cover. ;o) Although I hear the stories are good too.

Auntee Oh yeah, if the book stinks, at least you've got the cover! (Although this book was as good as its cover!)

message 23: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Thanks for doing the scientific analysis and research for us, Shawna! Keep up with the good work! *naughty grin*

message 24: by Shawna (last edited Aug 07, 2011 09:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna YW, Dina! It was a dirty job, but some lucky gal had to do it! *mischievous smirk*

Auntee Loved your review Shawna--your comments about Gavin and the suddenly likable Liz, and the suddenly unlikable Mick (what happened to him?)
And of course your pics of Gavin...*sigh*

Shawna Thanks, Auntee! It was mostly a shameless excuse to post some hunky man chests! LOL!

I really liked Liz, and Gavin was a hottie, even though he had some really clueless moments. But, Mick? Ugh! He was such an a**hat in this!

I'm really looking forward to Ty and Jenna!

AlbertaJenn Gah! Our Mick? A di**head? Oh nos!

Great. I have 4 ARCs waiting for me, but I just want to jump in and read this one!

message 28: by Shawna (last edited Aug 10, 2011 03:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna It's a great read, AlbertaJenn!

Wendy Great review Shawna! Absolutely loving the visual demonstrations!

Shawna Thanks Wendy!

message 31: by AH (new)

AH Nice photos!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Whoa. Love the visuals, Shawna! ^_^

Shawna I'm glad you enjoyed the pics ladies! They just make me sigh and say...*hubba hubba*! LOL! I think that expression is from Laverne & Shirley. Did anyone watch that TV show? It's one of my all-time favorites.

Auntee Laverne & Shirley? Lennie & Squiggy?
What was that drink Laverne liked? Pepsi & milk?

message 35: by Shawna (last edited Aug 15, 2011 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna LOL, Yep! Milk & Pepsi! I tried it once...reminded me of a really flat Coke Pepsi float. I loved Laverne and Lenny & Squiggy were hilarious!

Auntee "...a really flat Coke Pepsi float."
Exactly!

Shawna It's so funny that you knew that about Laverne & Shirley! I knew we were long lost sisters! LOL!

Auntee Schlemiel, schlimazel, hasenpfeffer incorporated...!

Shawna We're gonna do it! LMAO!

Candace Excellent research.

Shawna Thanks, Candace! LOL!

Amanda aka A Man Duh!  Steward The covers of this series makes my remaining ovary almost EXPLODE!! Haha. I have to agree with you I was so not a fan of Elizabeth or Gavin in book one but by the end of book two I was loving them and disliking Mitch so much. Wonder what was going through Tara's head. >.< Mitch turned out to be a total douchebag. :( I hope he changes in the remainder of the series. I can't wait to see what the future holds and finish this series!! (: