Charlotte's Reviews > Einstein: His Life and Universe

Einstein by Walter Isaacson

F_50x66
May 15, 10

Read in April, 2010

Is everyone who has read this book prepared to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity? I am not! However, I did appreciate our author's explanation of Einstein's thought process.

This book may change how you feel about Einstein as a scientist. It may change how you feel about him as a person. If you are a woman, would you have been attracted to him as a boyfriend? Would you have enjoyed having lunch with him? As you read the book, do you feel sorry for his first wife, Mileva? How about his second wife, Elsa? What made him marry those particular women?

How would you have reacted if you had been the teacher in that fifth-grade class in Princeton and heard the normally quiet boy announce that his dad had Einstein's brain? What do you think Einstein's reaction would have been if he could have observed Thomas Harvey removing his brain from his body and keeping it? If it had been possible for him to do so, I think Einstein might have chuckled and cracked a joke, hoping to startle Thomas Harvey as he began to embalm his brain.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Einstein.