Kari Anderson's Reviews > Tangled

Tangled by Carolyn Mackler

May 17, 10

Read from May 15 to 16, 2010

Spring has sprung and in just 4 short months, 4 teenage lives will change.

Jena is the bubbly Jewish girl with lots of curves. She loves quotes and will learn a lot on a spring break trip to Paradise. Skye is an actress, curly dark hair, body of a goddess and a lot more problems than is willing to tell everyone. That is until she learns a little about her father and everything starts to make sense.

Now to the boys. Dakota is having some major teen drama. He may look like a heart throb, but a broken heart and a death have put him in a dark place where he isn’t really thinking with his head or heart if you know what I mean. His complete opposite brother Owen is backwards to say the least. He hides behind his blog, Loser on a Laptop, because he doesn’t feel comfortable expressing himself in the flesh.

The lives of these four are about to change. From lust to love to death and suicide, I am glad to not be a teenager in this book.

I have been adoring the cover of this since I first saw it and at the book sale over the weekend, I saw it on the shelf, brand-new and beautiful. Even though I bought 15 books, I had to grab this one as well.

Mackler brings us a quick read, I read it in less than 24 hours. She did a great job of making me remember what it felt like to be a teen, in the midst of high school relationships and learning about myself.

She starts with Jena and each quarter of the book is told from a different character. I love how the writing changed to match the personality and life of each character. But I feel like I was just getting to know the character when the narrator changed.

One thing I didn’t like about this book was although the loose ends were wrapped up, I didn’t feel like I had closure. I guess I was just wanting a little more.

I give Tangled 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled.

05/15/2010 page 34
11.04% "Saw this at the library and had to snatch it up"
05/15/2010 page 141
45.78% "Halfway done in one evening. Loving it."