Jessica's Reviews > Two-Way Street

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: i-own, read-in-2011
Read from July 16 to 19, 2011

I first picked up this book because I read, and loved, Sometimes it Happens by Lauren Barnholdt. Her writing just flowed so easily and I loved the witty dialogue she came up with. Two-Way Street has a similar feel and the story line is just as interesting.

Courtney is the good girl. It would seem from the outside and her and Jordan should never work out. He's the popular party boy and she is the girl who would rather stay home than party. But they fall in love and everything seems perfect. But Jordan soon learns a secret about Courtney's father and is forced to make a decision. In order to protect Courtney from the truth, he must let her go. Courtney doesn't understand why Jordan broke up with her and she is devastated.

Jordan and Courtney have been planning to go to the same college and drive across the country together for orientation. It's too late to change those plans so they go on that lovely adventure together, even though they are barely speaking.

Two-Way Street does have a serious topic but Lauren really finds ways to break up the more "depressing" parts by adding in hilarious moments. She really captured the essence of teen drama and how boys and girls play games with each other. We are able to see the story of Courtney and Jordan from both points of view and see how they fell in love and what broke them apart.

Jordan was just adorable. I have a soft spot for bad boys and I think he just made the perfect character for this story. Courtney may have been stubborn but she also seemed very real. I could believe their interactions and problems that came from being stuck in a car together for 3 days.

Two-Way Street is another wonderful book by Lauren Barnholdt and I can't wait to read more from her in the future. I didn't love it as much as Sometimes it Happens but if you want a quick, funny read, you gotta pick this one up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two-Way Street.