Anna's Reviews > Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty

Jul 06, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit, fiction, read-in-2010, young-adult, favorites
Recommended for: Loretta
Read from July 05 to 06, 2010

I really liked this one! I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but from the moment I started reading, I felt connected to the narrator and loved her voice. All of the characters in this book are well developed and likable and each one is different so you can sort of identify with each girl in a different way. There was a bit of me in each of them, I guess, so I cared about all of them.

I loved that this book was realistic but also had this "girl power" flair to it. It's totally worth checking out, especially as a fun summer read.

Also, some parts of the book were absolutely hilarious! Here are my favorites:

1) "Think of it as a life experience," I mumbled. "Isn't your dad always saying we need more of that?"

"I don't think prancing around PJ Jamieson's pool in our underwear is exactly what he had in mind."

2) "Sometimes, a girl just has to dive under the duvet and regroup."

3) "Sure, okay, I'll pick up some cat litter. Anything else?"

"Watch your back, G." Then she hung up.

Hero paused in her sobbing to look at me quizzically. "Why does your mom want cat litter? You guys don't even have a cat."

"She uses it for..." I searched my brain madly, but all I could come up with was "teaching."

"She uses cat litter to teach English?"

I nodded. "She's kind of unconventional in her methods."

Hero frowned. "But how does she use it?"

The girl was relentless when she fixated on something. "Um, when their papers are really bad, she gives them a little bag of cat litter. It's her way of telling them their writing is crap." I laughed. "She's kooky."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty.

Quotes Anna Liked

Jody Gehrman
“Think of it as a life experience," I mumbled. "Isn't your dad always saying we need more of that?"

"I don't think prancing around PJ Jamieson's pool in our underwear is exactly what he had in mind.”

Jody Gehrman
“Sometimes, a girl just has to dive under the duvet and regroup.”

Jody Gehrman
“Sure, okay, I'll pick up some cat litter. Anything else?"

"Watch your back, G." Then she hung up.

"She uses cat litter to teach English?"

I nodded. "She's kind of unconventional in her methods."

Hero frowned. "But how does she use it?"

The girl was relentless when she fixated on something. "Um, when their papers are really bad, she gives them a little bag of cat litter. It's her way of telling them their writing is crap." I laughed. "She's kooky.”

07/05/2010 page 22

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Loretta Nyhan This looks great. It's going on my list!

Anna And there is a sequel!!! I love that feeling I get after I read a good book and realize there is a part 2 that I can look forward to!