Roswita's Reviews > Honeymoon of the Dead

Honeymoon of the Dead by Tate Hallaway

2088881
May 15, 2010

bookshelves: comedy, romance, vampires, garnet-lacey, spell-casters
Read in May, 2010

This is it. The final Garnet Lacey book. While I feel great sadness, I am also quite pleased with the way Tate finished off the series. It's well worth the read and if you liked the previous books, you'll enjoy this one as well.

Let's talk for a moment about the cover, however. The covers of the previous books clearly show Garnet in what we learn is one particular scene in the book in question. This one? Not. At. All. First, the woman is not Garnet. No way, no how. She has long brown hair done in a romantic updo, she wearing this pink chiffon gown, and let's not even talk about that weird unnaturally bent and abnormally long left arm! Now let's compare to the Garnet we all got to know. Goth (and dresses that way), with short, spiky, black hair. Next, there is a quarter moon in the window and yet Garnet and Sebastien get invited to a full moon ceremony, where, presumably, the full moon will be present. And since this whole story takes place over 3 days, a quarter moon is not happening. And finally, the cat in the story is black. So, now we have to wonder if the publisher never read the story and blindly picked out a purty picture with a woman and a cat. Or maybe they used the more scientific eeny meeny miney moe method. After the wonderful covers on books one to four, book five's cover is a MAJOR letdown.

Fortunately, it doesn't detract from the wonderful story inside. Thanks for a great series, Tate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honeymoon of the Dead.

Jenn Cordeiro Thank you!!! I totally agree?! Is this the wrong cover for this book? Who is that?! Certainly not our Garnet!