Lindsay's Reviews > The Dark Divine

Feb 26, 11

bookshelves: cover-lust, books-i-own, all-time-favorites
Read from December 01 to 07, 2010

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Its funny because when I first saw the book, I thought the cover was gorgeous - if not a little pale - but when I read the first chapter...everything kind of fell flat. I kept thinking I was gonna hate this book and I kept myself from reading it for awhile. But then I got further into the story and well...I was hooked!

The main character Grace Divine has to live up to certain expectations she would rather not, especially those set by her religious family. But when the mysterious Daniel Kalbi comes back to town after disappearing, things go bump in the night...literally. Wow, that last bit sounded corny but its true. Honestly, I wasn't crazy about Grace and Daniel at first - I mean come on, they felt sooo cliche. Grace, the typical good girl who tries too hard all around and Daniel, the mysterious bad boy with a past and an attitude. But they GREW on me. Grace realized that she needs to break certain rules and not be what everyone expects her to be, and I think we've all been there done that. And finding out what actually happened to Daniel in the past...it made me so sad. I was super excited when the plot picked up and I felt Jude was instantly likable.

Basically, I'm super excited for the sequel, which I now currently own :D and I'm dying to see where Grace and Daniel's relationship goes and what happens to Jude!

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Divine.

12/04/2010 page 200
52.0% "Pretty good so far"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Yvonne Sanders I loved this series!

Lindsay Me too! :D I can't wait to read the sequel, have you read it?

Yvonne Sanders Oh yes! IMO It gets better. but I wont say more than that

Lindsay Oh man! I'm totally dying to know what happens! Lol, but thanks for not ruining it. :)