Caitlín (Ink Mage)'s Reviews > Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas: Further, Further Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison

May 16, 10

Read from May 14 to 15, 2010

Three books in and I'm done with the series. Already they're getting really tiresome. Georgia is 14 but acts like she's both 20 and 5 at the same time. Whinging on about her parents (who have absolutely NO consistency to their weak characterizations) being weirdos and her egg-headed uncle one minute, and then snogging the life out of guys who are quite a bit older than her, wearing short skirts, and going to clubs the next.
I realized that so far there has been no real plot to the series: Georgia whines, her little sister comes in and is weirdly cute at random points (Georgia whines about this also), her mother flirts with any random guy, Georgia is mean to her "best friend" Jas who usually doesn't deserve it, and Georgia can't decide between (and whines about the pluses and minuses of) Robbie the Sex God who makes her legs go "jelliod" or Dave the Laugh who nibbles her lip during snogging and who she can coherently communicate with. Gee, I wonder who she'll FINALLY end up with?!
It's so obvious and the "plots" are never interesting enough for me to care! Granted, I did get a few laughs out of the 3 I've read, but the laugh-to-boredom ratio wasn't worth it. If you're looking for a high school "guys and drama" series, read E. Lockhart's Ruby Oliver books (start with The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver ), which are much funnier and have a much more mature and less whiny main character.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas.

05/15/2010 page 134
05/15/2010 page 134
73.22% "OK, these books are already getting old and I can't imagine reading all SEVEN or NINE of them. Once this one is done, I'm done."

Michele Yes! Thank you! I feel the same way.

sara frances you'll also notice that she's been 14 for about fifteen months now. author fail.