Michelle's Reviews > A Place to Call Home

1943703
May 18, 10

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, read-in-2010, favorites
Read in May, 2010

I randomly picked up this book at the library and I loved it. I was so drawn to both Claire and Roan's character from the very beginning as I saw their relationship throughout their childhood to adulthood.

The first part of the book was so captivating and emotional. I couldn't put it down. Claire is so determined to help save Roanie Sullivan, despite his unfortunate luck of being born into the wrong family. The two of them are young children and share the kind of love that is unique between the two of them. It's not sexual, after all they are only children. I just loved Roan. He was always so sweet to Claire from the first day they met. Claire was so young and naive but I loved her will and determination when it came to Roanie Sullivan.

The second part of the book takes place years later when both Claire and Roan are adults. The love they shared as children is stronger than ever and nothing, not even a family secret, will keep them apart. You see Roanie go full circle and finally find a place where he belongs. This was the first booked read by Smith and it surely will not be my last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Place to Call Home.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy Awesome review, Michelle!