Sally Pearce's Reviews > 600 Hours of Edward

600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster

F 50x66
Jun 18, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, favorites
Recommended for: all my friends
Read from June 15 to 18, 2010

What a delightful book! Edward has Asperger's Syndrome; he is a high-functioning autistic man with OCD. The 600 hours is how he prefers to think of the 25 day time period the book covers. What amazed me was the way the author had the thinking process down pat! Think of RAIN MAN and you'll get an idea of what the book sounds like.

I had moments when I laughed out loud, chuckled and cried for Edward. If you know someone with this condition or even are just interested in it, read this one! It was delightful!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 600 Hours of Edward.

06/15/2010 page 1
0.0% "Try this one"
06/16/2010 page 57
21.0% "Finally, I think I've found one I'll like. It's not easy reading as Edward's thought processes are different than anyone I've known, but it's fun!"
06/16/2010 page 140
50.0% "I'm really loving this book after 2 failures!"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Thanks for recommending. I have worked with autistic children and adults so this is interesting to me.

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher H. Excellent review, Sally. It sounds like an amazing book too. Fascinating topic.

Shannon Hi Sally? do you still have this one?

Sally Pearce Hi Shannon. I do but I'm keeping this one. It was an ARC copy and I treasure it. I cant wait for the sequel!

Shannon LOL! Sounds like a good book! :) I might buy the kindle edition. Thanks!!