Marleah's Reviews > The Music of Dolphins

The Music of Dolphins by Karen Hesse

May 14, 10

Read in January, 2010

"Mila creates headlines around the world when she is rescued from an unpopulated island off the coast of Florida. Now a teenager, she has been raised by dolphins from the age of four."

Yes, this is a young adult book. Yes, you can probably read it in an hour. Yes, the print for the beginning and end of the book is huge, like 36 or 48 point. BUT this was a really thought-provoking read. I belong to a book club, and one of the members was looking for an interesting yet quick and easy read to follow a more research-based book, so she picked this one. I read it here and there over the course of a couple of days. It tells how Mila lived with the dolphins (the most intriguing part of the book for me) and how she was "rescued," only to be taken in by a group of scientists who cared for her but didn't seem to see "Mila the girl." Throughout the entire story, Mila longs to be back with her dolphin family and knows that she can never truly be a human. She speaks using music more than words, and although she is a quick learner, she feels that a part of her is missing.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Music of Dolphins.