K.A. Okagaki's Reviews > The Lost Days

The Lost Days by Rob Reger

May 14, 10

Read on May 14, 2010

Emily the Strange will always be, for me, a clothing and accessories line found in fine airport gift shops everywhere. Since I am happy to say that I no longer spend all my major and minor holidays in airports, I am finally able to understand the concept of Emily the Strange as a YA book character. She's compelling. She's strange. Her appearance is very reminiscent of Nate the Great's friend Rosamond, but I've read that all parties have settled their differences and there is no dispute about the similarity. In The Lost Days, Emily has a case of amnesia that leads her to a strange little town with strange people and lots of intrigue. The book functions as Emily's notebook about her journey to recover her memory and to figure out why she's in this town. While the amnesia gets a little old, as do the countless lists that Emily makes in her notebook, the character is funny and fresh and the illustrations are fabulous. I found the book shelved in the YA section at the library, but I think that it would appeal to MG readers as well. I've also read that the Emily the Strange franchise is available as graphic novels, which I'm going to head right out to find.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Days.