Natasha's Reviews > Bayou Moon

Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews

Sep 28, 10

Read on September 04, 2010

Bayou Moon is the second installment in "The Edge" series by the amazing team duo, Ilona & Gordan Andrews. I started off reading their Kate Daniel series, and was hooked from page one. I read all 4 books in 3 days, and now I'm left begging for book 5.
I then started on this series, and what a series it is. I was lucky enough to win a ARC copy of Bayou Moon from their website, and read it in only hours.
If your a fan of the Kate Daniel series, then you HAVE to pick up this series.

Starting off, what a cover. I love it. On The Edge was a nice cover, but this one blows it away. It really catches my eye, and even if I didn't know Ilona's work already, I would have picked it up for this cover alone. :P
Next, I was happy to realize it was Williams story. He left off with a not-so happy ending, and I looked forward to seeing him happy and the hero for once.
Only 8 pages in, William is furious.

"Mindless hot fury flooded William, sweeping away all reason and restraint. He raised his head to the sky and snarled, giving voice to his rage before it tore him apart."

It's two years from where book one left off, and now we get to see William and Cerise Mar come together. From page one I was blow away. Ilona really knows how to write abook. The Edge is a place where anything can happen, and usually does.

Cerise is a strong herione. She cares for her family above all else, and will do anything to protect those she cares about. I also love how she calls William, "Lord Bill." Too cute.
William has been my favorite since Book 1 "On The Edge". There was always something about him I just loved. He was kind and sweet and mysterious. This time around we get that still, but now we get a more sarcastic version on him, which made me love him even more.. if possible.

But William isn't what he says, and Cerise is bound to find out. Will she accept him as he is, or will be turn him away?

This book has many great characters. I loved Cerise's little sister, Lark. She's damaged and hurt, and needs help and love. I want to see more of her in future books is possible.
There seems to be a hint that both couples will be featured in the next book, and if so, I'd love it. I want more of both William/Cerise story & Declan, Rose, George, and Jacks story. So, all in all it was a wonderful book. Romance, action, mystery and suspense, oh, and a load of hotness.
This is a series, but Andrews gives enough background information that it can be read as a stand-alone, but if you want my advice, I'd read the while series. It's well worth it!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bayou Moon.

09/06/2010 page 48
10.0% "Love it. I can't wait to see whats in store for William!"
09/07/2010 page 111
23.0% "Awesome. Another winner for the Andrews team!"
09/09/2010 page 305