Rebecca's Reviews > The Reluctant Dom

The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton

May 14, 10

Read in May, 2010

Okay, I'm not going to sugar coat this. In a lot of ways, this book is hard to read. Kaden and Leah have been married for twenty years. Kaden discovers he has pancreatic cancer and is given one year, maybe, to live. Kaden tells his best friend Seth about his condition and asks him for the ultimate help-he needs Seth to move in and take over as Leah's Dom. This isn't just foreplay for them, they live the lifestyle 24/7. Leah is the victim of terrible abuse and needs this way of life in order to function with any kind of happiness. Seth is a little reluctant but he loves Kaden, as his best friend, and he's always been half in love with Leah.

This book does something not all books do well, it uses the sex scenes to really further the plot. To show you the ultimate emotions of the characters and sometimes they're not pretty. If you've ever been through something in your life that was horrendous to endure, the loss of any loved one, you're going to be touched by this book. I'm glad it was recommended to me and even when I winced or cried, I knew it was great writing.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Dom.