Felina's Reviews > Four Past Midnight

Four Past Midnight by Stephen King

May 13, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, star-4, 1dead-tree, shelf-6
Read from May 13 to August 20, 2010

I'm reading these on PDF's at work (tell no one). I'm going to keep track of my progress by their PDF page numbers.

Introduction - Finished

The Langoliers - Finished
Review: 5 Stars
I think this is my favorite King story yet. I'd watched this movie dozens of times as a child so when I finally read the story it was like revisiting an old friend. I really love King when he writes about crazy people. With Mr. Toomy you could actually understand why he was doing what he was doing. In fact, King writes crazies so well it makes me wonder sometimes.... One question though, Why Nick? *cries*

Secret Window, Secret Garden - Finished
Review: 2 Stars
Definately a disappointment for me. I'd seen the movie before and aside from the always charming and attractive Johnny Depp I remember not being impressed either. It kinda sucks reading a story like this when you know the twist already. I mean...I see dead people, right?

The Sun Dog - Finished
Review: 20 Stars
Okay, take what I said about The Langoliers being my favorite King story yet and move that sentence to this review. Best. King. Story. Yet! Totally creepy (as usual) and totally captivating. This story encouraged me to take a little diversion to my compy and google me some ghosts in picture images which totally freaked me out, at least until I came across the video clip of the ghost boy in Three Men and a Baby, which I had seen once when I was younger, and had me making puddles in my pants. I don't know if I was rolling of that internet search or not but this story had me goose-bumping it up in 104 degree whether. My heart loves King.

The Library Policeman - Finished
Review: 3 Stars
If it weren't for the child rape I think I really would have liked this book. There was just a little to much description for me that turned me off. However, I really enjoyed the story and really like Sam as a character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Past Midnight.

05/13/2010 page 10
05/20/2010 page 200
26.04% "So far my favorite King!"
05/20/2010 page 200
26.04% "Finished The Langoliers"
05/20/2010 page 284
36.98% "Finished The Langoliers"
02/27/2016 marked as: read
show 6 hidden updates…

Kandice I feel sick to my stomach whenever I smell red licorice because of this book. Just something to look forward to.:)

Felina Hmmm to you mean red licorice as in Red Vines, Nibs or Twizlers?

Kandice red vines

Felina Oh man. Those are the good ones. I'll imagine Twizlers cause they suck.

Which story? I want to go buy some red vines and mow on them before I am to grossed out by them.

Kandice I think Twizzlers are the good ones! The Library Policeman.

Felina Okay that's last so I have some time. Or maybe I'll just embrace the pain and eat red vines during the entire police library novella.