Crystal's Reviews > Bone Gods

Bone Gods by Caitlin Kittredge

Jan 02, 11

Read in December, 2010

If you've ever read my reviews for the other books in this series or any of my comments about them, then you are aware that I am a total Kittredge fan girl and have a seriously stalker like obsession with this series. I liked her Luna Wilder series but this series is just on another level altogether.

If you haven't read any of the Black London novels-DO NOT START WITH THIS ONE. There is too much backstory and you will be lost. Basically this story picks up with Pete trying piece her life together after the loss of Jack. She is just a shadow of her self and because she is a Weir with no active power of her own she is a target in the Black. Her old partner from the Scotland Yard, Ollie Heath, calls her in to look at a murder scene and give him some advice.

I really don't want to give too much away so I won't go into more of the plot. There is a lot that is going on plot wise in the book, it's definitely a turning point in the series. Since he is on the cover of the book and it has been posted elsewhere I will say that Jack does come back in this book but he is most decidedly not person he once was-he is both more and less. This book really shows what Pete is made of, she learns that she can stand on her own and that Jack might not be the person she always thought he was. This was a very emotional book and I even teared up at the end. It has a very bittersweet ending, and it does have a bit of a shocking development at the very end with a small cliffhanger. I really can't wait for the follow-up, Devil's Business. If you are a fan of the urban fantasy genre and you haven't read the Black London series, you definitely should.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Gods.