Ruthmgon's Reviews > When Organizing Isn't Enough: Shed Your Stuff, Change Your Life

When Organizing Isn't Enough by Julie Morgenstern

Jun 02, 10

bookshelves: decluttering

This one is a hard read for me, she does not seem to be able to break the book down into little chunks like the other books in this genre seem to.I do come across some interesting bits here and there.

She advocates a slower approach to tossing your stuff, That if you keep certain things, that they are inspirations and clues to your new life ahead. She has you name a theme for your life previous and your life in future. She has you keep only 10 percent of a type of thing, like 2 things from your old career say, that have 100% positive memories. Any negative memories in an item and it goes.

She is also advocating a purging of the entire physical, habitual and scheduling of your life, down to what is really important to you. She does this by using people as examples. So for one woman who has no free time, she looks at her schedule and even though it seems contradictory, she eventually decides to keep gardening, despite the extra time she spends weeding, because it fulfills something in her soul.

I was not able to get through this one in one library check out period. I will check this one out later on again.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Organizing Isn't Enough.