~Tina~'s Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

May 14, 10

bookshelves: lib, young-adult, read-2010
Recommended to ~Tina~ by: Arlene Sweet

The Truth about Forever is one of those really sweet books that opens your eyes wide open about what life is really about. How mourning a lost one can take over how you see the world and even yourself. It's about how one unlikely person can make you see a different side to mourning, by showing you how others people take loss in there own way and by remembering the laughter and good times and not just the pain of that moment.
It's also about knowing what kind of love you want. The one that isn't robotic and perfect, but messy and flawed.

I didn't really know what to expect when I picked up this book, but it surprised me in a wonderful way.
The Truth about forever was simply brilliant. I loved the chemistry in the plot and the characters were incredibly real and in-your-face-honest, it made it easy to relate too.
The love story was very subtle but very defined. The Truth game was the perfect touch to push and test and get to know each other, I loved those moments, the kind of friendship where you just know there is so much more but it's vulnerable, unsure and nerve-wracking. It made me smile and smirk and laugh and basically gush.

I loved this story, it was very touching and heartwarming and I was glad to have read it:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Arlene This one is my fave of Dessen's books. I hope you like it.

Kirsten This is one of my favorites too! I'm really excited for her new book too!

~Tina~ So far so great guys!

message 4: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic Good review. Maybe I will enjoy this one more.

~Tina~ It was way better the This Lullaby IMO, I really enjoyed the characters and storyline. It gives me hope for the rest of Dessen's books;)

Arlene Oh good! I'm glad you liked this one. I enjoyed it much. BTW, I love messy and flawed romances. Perfectly said! :)

~Tina~ Thanks a lot hun for this rec, I really did love it! Oh and I like the mess as well. I like the imperfections of relationships, it makes it more challenging and fun, in real life and in fictional characters:D
I.could.not.stand.Jason. He was such a freaken robot, I really wanted to slap him silly while reading this! LOL
Mom got on my nerves there for a bit as well, but other then that this was great!

Arlene Agreed, Jason was annoying. So glad she chose Wes at the end. Their run on the beach at the end of the book was very squee worthy. I'm a sap for stuff like that. :)

~Tina~ Yeah, that was too cute...all though I would have loved to see some kissy-kissy or something showing them- now in a relationship. I'm a total sap:P I'd love a sequel to this actually:D