Sloan 's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Dec 09, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, fantasy-and-sci-fi, part-of-a-series, read-in-2010, young-adult, vampires, richelle-mead
Read from December 07 to 09, 2010, read count: 1

Ahh... where to start!?! First off --- What a brilliant conclusion to a wonderful series! I was worried that I might be disappointed (as I tend to be with final installments), but I loved every minute of this book. It’s one of the best young adult/fantasy series out there, along with being one of my personal favorites. Richelle Mead never seems to disappoint!

-SPOILERS AHEAD-
I’m a little sad to be saying goodbye to the characters that I have grown to love, especially Rose. She’s such a strong heroine, and we don’t get enough of those. I'm going to miss her sarcastic remarks and stubbornness. She has so many great quotes throughout the series that make me burst out in laughter (along with Christain as well). I loved seeing Dimitri and her relationship go to the lowest depths just to be resparked again and made even more passionate and stronger than it was before. I knew they were meant for each other, but I still always liked Adrian. I seem to always fall for the guy who doesn’t get the girl. From the beginning I knew he was destined to get his heart broken, but it still upset me when it actually happened. Rose and Dimitri were meant to be, we all know that. The only thing that bothers me is that I had a bit of a problem with Adrian's final scene. Seeing as he's been my favorite character since he was first introduced in the second book, I would have liked to have had a better farewell to him. It was sad, and I felt that Rose didn’t handle it as I would have liked her to. He seemed to be the only character to not get one ounce of a happy ending or a conclusion. I was left with questions as to what would happen to him. As for Lissa, I was pleased that she became Queen and still had Christain by her side. Overall, the wrap up with all the characters was nicely done. I'm just happy no one died in the end! Haha! I thought for sure with a title like 'Last Sacrifice' that someone I loved was going to die. I had been dreading it.

As for the storyline, I thought I had the answer as to who killed Queen Tatiana the whole time. I’m used to figuring things out before hand, but Richelle Mead fooled me with this one. I was very surprised to figure out that it was Tasha in the end. I didn’t see that one coming, and it was a nice change for me. Richelle Mead concluded the series nicely but at the same time left it wide open to go on in the future. It was recently announced that she was going to release a new series called 'Bloodlines' which is going to be based in this same world and may even have a few appearances from these same characters. I can see many options she has to do this by the way she left this book. It's going to be interesting to see where she goes with it. But I'm sure it's going to be a great companion to this series. I can hardly wait for the first book to be released! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

12/07/2010 page 1
0.0% "YAY! I went out first thing this morning and bought my copy! Cant wait to devour this one!"