Charles Gelman's Reviews > Vanishing Act: Mystery at the U.S. Open

Charles gelman 7-2
5/12/10
Vanishing Act by: John Feinstein
By: Charles Gelman

Vanishing Act by John Feinstein is a book about a young tennis player who is kidnapped at the U.S Open match. This book involves many strengths and weaknesses from the author’s writing. In my opinion, I would give this book two and a half stars out of five. I say this because of the great amount of weaknesses the novel owns. The book’s cons start with how the story drags. The story takes half of the book to start the conflict. I think the book also does not lead into the conflict well. I believe that characters are often mixed up. Pros of this book are the author’s explaining and writing of everything in the conflict. Meaning that the vocabulary in this book is easy to understand and read. John Feinstein is a very gifted kid’s author who does a very nice job writing books that are easy to understand. I think this book could have been put into conflict much faster keeping the novel interesting. I think this book would be good for someone who starts a book and needs to finish it. I say this because I am someone who puts books down if I don’t think they are good. This book gets two and a half stars out of five rating because of the difference of weaknesses over strengths.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanishing Act.