Lori's Reviews > The Homecoming

Jul 04, 10

bookshelves: 2010-books-i-ve-read, books-i-ve-reviewed
Recommended to Lori by: Revell Publishing
Read from June 23 to 29, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I thought this was a fitting ending to the Collins' family's story. It was nice to catch up with all of the great characters we first met in The Unfinished Gift. Patrick has settled in nicely with his crotchety old grandfather, and they seem to be getting along relatively well. Mr. Collins' spry old neighbor, Mrs. Fortini, makes sure they're eating properly by whipping up some delightful Italian dishes.

Katherine Townsend misses Patrick terribly! Now that she's no longer on his case, she doesn't have a legitimate reason to spend much time with him. She still worries that he and his grandfather may not have settled in quite as quickly as everyone seems to think. Imagine her surprise -- and delight! -- when she gets a call from Shawn, out of the blue, asking her to be Patrick's full-time nanny while he's away for four months. She can't believe he chose her for this wonderful job!

There's a lot more "action" in The Homecoming, and though I'm not a big fan of war-themed stories, this one turned out quite well. The romance is very low-key, but I thought it fit the story well. The Unfinished Gift is definitely my favorite, but I highly recommend this one, too.

If you'd like to find out more about Dan Walsh, and/or his books, be sure to visit his website and blog.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Homecoming.