Sophie R's Reviews > My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

F 50x66
May 12, 2010

Read in March, 2010

My Sister’s Keeper, By Jodi Picoult, is a fantastic book. I agree entirely that this book falls under the “Really Good Books” category. It has both strengths and weaknesses. Part of what makes this book so great is the reality of it. It’s very believable and themes from it occur in everyday life. Another strength is Jodi Picoult’s talent of sucking the reader into the book within the beginning pages. It’s a real page turner and once I got started, the book followed me around everywhere until I reached the back cover. One of the book’s only weaknesses is that every chapter is told from the perspective of a different character, and though this did mix things up a little, it took a while to fully understand some of the people in the world Jodi Picoult has drawn up for us. Another weakness is the ending. The ending takes a very sad and hard turn and even though I wouldn’t dare to change it, it was difficult to read without shedding a single tear. One thing I would consider changing about this book is to include the character Kate Fitzgerald’s point of view along with the rest because for most of the book, the other characters are talking and thinking a sufficient amount about her. Even though this book is probably aimed more for girls or women, I think it really would be enjoyed by everyone.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Keeper.