Kristy's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

2079018
May 12, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, my-favorites, vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my, widget-shelf
Read from December 07 to 08, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** First off I am SO sad this is the last book that will be following Rose. She is my favorite character by far in all the books I've read.

I read through this book as fast as I could because I was just dying to know how it was going to end. Now I want to go back and reread it slowly and really enjoy it more. Savor it. It also sort of makes me want to go back through and reread the whole series.

I LOVED how much time she was able to spend with Dimitri. I was craving Dimitri by the end of the last two books. I sort of got tired of Adrian being in the way, by the simple fact he was Rose's boyfriend. But by the end of the book I felt so bad for him. Poor Adrian really got the raw end of the deal. He had to be pretty naive to think Rose and Dimitri would not end up back together, but I still felt terrible for him with how it all went down.

One thing I DIDN'T like about the end was that Rose broke the bond between her and Lissa. I loved how she was so tuned in to Lissa. She always knew where she was, and she always knew when she was in trouble. I can see why Lissa needed her own mind now that she was the queen. But when needed she could block Rose. I just wish that part of the story could have stayed the same. Their bond is something that made the two of them so unique. I was really sad when it was gone.

Favorite Quotes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rose and Dimitri in the car just after he helped brake her out of jail.

"Okay," I said quietly. "I'll do whatever you say. Just remember not to talk down to me. I'm not your student anymore. I'm your equal now."

He glanced away from the side of the road just long enough to give me a surprised look. "You've always been my equal, Roza."

(SWOOOOOOOOOOOOON I do love that Dimitiri!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have another favorite but I wrote down the wrong page number so I have to search for it. grrr

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.