Lisa's Reviews > Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer

May 14, 10

bookshelves: 2010, fangbangers, irritating-heroines, paranormal, romance, vamps-witches-wolves-oh-my, young-adult
Recommended for: Jade, Teresa, Lyndsey
Read from May 12 to 13, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Don't judge me.

Considering that when I started this not only was I in a foul mood but also of the opinion from reading the preceding books that Edward was a grade A douchebag that I hated with a passion, imagine my surprise when I found myself not only enjoying this, but that it completely dispelled my bad temper.

A draft issued by Meyer following pesky internet leaks, this is Twilight as seen through Edward's eyes (or at least, the beginning of it as this stops before the sparkly meadow shenanigans) where we get to find out what was going through his 'too-perfect' sparkly head whenever Bella described him as glowering, murmuring or smiling wryly (which, actually, was all the time. And that girl's supposed to be into literature? Learn some more words, lady!)

Edward's point of view is far more fun than Bella's; instead of getting to read about her having a granola bar for breakfast we get highlights such as him rapidly calculating how fast he can snap the necks of everyone in his biology class, plotting the best places to hide Bella's body, and fantasizing about crushing Mike Newton's skull while casually questioning Bella's mental stability. Fnar!

Plus, you get way more of Emmett than you did throughout the entirety of the published series which, to my mind, can only be a good thing.

While this isn't Shakespeare (not by a long shot), it's a highly entertaining way to spend your lunch break...but if you're a noob, check out the series first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Sun.

05/12/2010 page 75
28.41% "I much prefer Edward when he's calculating how long it would take him to snap the necks of an entire class..."
show 1 hidden update…