Vin's Reviews > Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Wicked by Gregory Maguire

M_50x66
May 12, 10

I often was drawn to this book when I saw it at the book stores. I would pick up the book and peruse the pages, as I do when purchasing a book. Each time I did that I just thought it was too hard of a read. It seemed too hard to follow so I would put down the book and move on. I must have done this on ten different visits to various book stores. I really really wanted to like and read this book but every time it just seemed like it would be too much of an undertaking. Then on my 40th birthday I got the book from my partner. Of course I gave a big smile but in the back of my head I just thought, "of all books". It was a combination book of Wicked and then Son of a Witch; beautiful book. So, I began to read the book and fell in love with it. At times the book was a little tough to get through, with big words that you don't often come across. I kept a dictionary close by. I have to say that I did thoroughly enjoy the book and Gregory Maguire made me fall in love with Elphaba, the green one. I totally recommend this book. I missed reading it shortly after I was done with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked.