Monster's Reviews > Hiram Grange and the Digital Eucharist

Hiram Grange and the Digital Eucharist by Robert  Davies

May 12, 10

bookshelves: horror-adventure

When Hiram Grange, a hash smoking, absinthe drinking, sex-addicted investigator of the paranormal, is asked to look into the Occlusionist Movement, not only does he have to deal with an all new threat to life as we know it, but old enemies return to make things even more complicated. Demons, cultists, and The Digital Eucharist all push Hiram to the edge. The question is: does he have what it takes to make it back?
Hiram Grange And The Digital Eucharist is the third book in the five book Hiram Grange saga. Each novel is written by a different author, and Robert Davies certainly holds his own in comparison to the first two. He has a crisp style that never gets bogged down. Without a word wasted, Davies clearly conveys everything we, the reader, need to know about Hiram and those who populate his world. He writes scenes of graphic horror with the same skill he uses to create scenes of humor so dark a gallon of cream coudn't lighten them.
The story moves at a quick pace, and my only complaint is the ride is over too soon. From the sacrificial Jodie Fosters (you have to read it), to brainwashed cult members, Hiram faces one challenge after another, with barely a moment to catch his breath. If you like lots of action, in an old-fashioned pulp style, this is the book for you.
I would be remiss if I failed to mention the cover and interior artwork by Malcolm McClinton. It is beautiful work that deserves to be appreciated on it's own. I would love to see Shroud publish a book of Hiram Grange artwork.
I highly recommend Hiram Grange And The Digital Eucharist for libraries and horror fans.
Contains: Violence, gore, strong language
Reviewed by Erik Smith
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hiram Grange and the Digital Eucharist.