Monster's Reviews > The Frenzy Way

The Frenzy Way by Gregory Lamberson

May 12, 10

bookshelves: werewolves-adult

Anthony Mace, captain of the NYPD "Murder Police", faces the most difficult case of his career. When one horrific murder becomes two, then three, then more, Mace learns that there are THINGS in the world that he never believed could exist. As the search for the vicious serial killer continues, Anthony Mace will have to go further than ever before to protect his city and find a way to stop a killer who may be unstoppable.
Gregory Lamberson really knows how to tell a story. The Frenzy Way flies by at a frenzied pace. From page one, Lamberson tears through the narrative as if a monster is breathing down his neck. The characters are detailed, yet Lamberson doesn't slow things down by dumping the character information all at once. He parcels it out in bite sized pieces, which are easily digested. Anthony Mace is the kind of cop that every city needs. He loves his wife, is loyal to the officers under his command, and thinks of the people of New York more than the politics of the job. And when faced with a seemingly impossible situation, he doesn't back down.
The story is filled with twists and turns, and I was surprised by a number of things. (Don't want to give anything away!) Lamberson is a master storyteller. His use of language is masterful, and his imagery ranges from beautiful to grotesque. I'm happy to know that he has a number of projects in various stages of production, as I can't wait to see what he comes up with next. I highly recommend The Frenzy Way for any library and all horror fans.
Contains: Gore, violence, sex, and strong language.
Reviewed by Erik Smith
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Frenzy Way.