Paula's Reviews > Fighting Ruben Wolfe

Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak

3720054
May 12, 10

Read in February, 2010

‘Fighting Ruben Wolfe’ tells the story of the Wolfe brothers, Ruben and Cameron, two very different brothers who both have a lot of fight in them, their fight to be understood, their fight to be accepted. Ruben is offered the opportunity to box for money, and Cameron is asked too, they need the money to help their proud parents, who won’t accept help, especially their Dad, so the brothers take the step to box and find out more about themselves, what they mean to each other and their family.

I enjoyed ‘Fighting Ruben Wolfe’, Markus Zusak describes the Wolfe family brilliantly, you feel like you know them because there are aspects of them that will remind you of someone you know, which is nice to read in a book.

Cameron Wolfe is one of my favourite characters, ‘Getting the Girl’ (the sequel to ‘Fighting Ruben Wolfe’, which I read first) is the reason why, which I will be reviewing next. There is something about Cameron, for his age, he is good and kind, understanding, he is very much a dark horse but you see his qualities and love him for them.

Ruben is also a great character, there is much more to him that meets his eye.

A fantastic book, read as soon as humanly possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Ruben Wolfe.