Dina's Reviews > The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)

The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3) by Susan Mallery

1918270
May 28, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, harlequin-silhouette, to-blog
Read on May 28, 2010

The most romantic lines uttered by Malik Khan, Crown Prince of El Bahar:

"You have slender ankles."

"I can wrap my fingers around your wrist with room to spare. You are a delicate flower of a woman, yet so very strong inside."

"Your skin is the color of cream."

"I want you to know how much I cherish you."

"You are a light in the evening sky."

"All other beauty pales before your radiance."

"I will dream of your slender ankles, your pale skin and the sweet scent of your essence."

And last, but not least:

"I am Malik Khan, Crown Prince of El Bahar. I am the future ruler of this nation, and I have done you a great honor by taking you as my wife."

No wonder Liana fell in love with him. Who could have resisted such charming words? LOL

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3).

05/27/2010 page 1
0.39% "I need something "nice and brainless" to keep me sane while I read Christy Reece's 'Run to Me'."
05/28/2010 page 1
0.39% "Back to El Bahar, the Fairy Tale Land where Sheiks are all the rage."
05/28/2010 page 121
47.27% "Malik, you fool! This deception is going to cost you." 1 comment
05/28/2010 page 256
100.0% ""I am Malik Khan, Crown Prince of El Bahar. I am the future ruler of this nation, and I have done you a great honor by allowing you to read my story." LOL! Gotta love these crazy, arrogant Sheiks."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MelissaB I liked this one Dina!

Dina Yeah, I noticed you gave it 4 stars. That's good! :)

message 3: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully oooh I just got #4 in the mail today!

Dina Nice!!! Do you plan to read it soon, Scully?

message 5: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Yep! If I really like it, I may go back and get #3 too.

Dina Yay! *sits tight and waits for Scully's review anxiously*

Rane OMG! *hides under covers* I remember this! I thought it was so corny! (I think I even lent it out to my friends in HS!)

Dina Awww, Rane, you didn't think it was romantic? LMAO! To be fair, I think SM made Malik say those cheesy lines on purpose. I was LOL'ing while I read them, but I knew from the start that I wasn't supposed to take this book seriously. It was pure fun!

message 9: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully LMAO Dina!!

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rane Dina wrote: "Awww, Rane, you didn't think it was romantic? LMAO! To be fair, I think SM made Malik say those cheesy lines on purpose. I was LOL'ing while I read them, but I knew from the start that I wasn't sup..."

It was pure cheese and corn this book, full of LOL moments throughout

MelissaB Oh I don't take any Harlequin seriously.

Rossy I think that's what i like about their books so much. When you need something as far away from reality as you can, a good harlequin book can certainly take you there. It's total Romancelandia!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I think this is the highest overall rating I've ever seen on a Harlequin. They are soooooo popular, so why are they always in the 2s?

message 14: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina UM, my guess is that many people are "ashamed" of reading HQ books and don't think they're "true literature" or whatever. I like them, they're like modern fairy tales and, like Rossy said, as far away from reality as you can. Sometimes they're just what I need: an escape from real life. :)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I can totally relate to the need to escape!!! I just figured that people pick them up because of the "brand name" and then don't like the content as well as "regular" novels.

message 16: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina IMHO, "everyone" knows what to expect when they choose a HQ book to read because their basic formula has been the same for decades. I agree with you: if people don't like it, why do they keep reading it and panning it? It boggles the mind.

message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "That's why I don't think that people who hate a certain type of book should read said book and then rate it poorly because they didn't like that kind of book."

Absolutely! I hate when an awesome book gets a low rating because it's a "trashy romance novel". Um...yeah. What did they think they were getting?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Exactly! If you don't like vampire novels, don't read one then give it a bad rating because you don't like vampire novels. It's not fair to the author or to prospective readers.

MelissaB Yeah I am about done with Amazon because of this exact thing. At least here people appreciate other's opinions and keep an open mind.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Oh, I only read Amazon reviews/rants if I'm bored and need to watch a bunch of people implode.

message 21: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Oh, I only read Amazon reviews/rants if I'm bored and need to watch a bunch of people implode."

Ditto! I don't even copy/paste my reviews there. I know there are still nice people at the Amazon's Forums, but they don't make up for the snarky ones.

Rossy LOL! Oh Amazon, please don't get me started with the mess that is their rating/review system. I don't know why people keep rating HQ books so low, it's not like they don't know what to expect. Those books have been around for ages!

MelissaB I am not just talking about the reviews (which I also stopped posting) but I am getting sick of the mean posters on the romance forum too.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Have you seen some of the arguments that the authors get into with reviewers??? WOW! What a fiasco that is, and Amazon doesn't monitor it. I stopped reading those when the last one... for the life of me I can't remember the author... ended when the publisher dropped the author because it got sooooo bad.

Rossy I don't even venture there since back when i started reading books by Diana Palmer. Wow the goings on those forums at the time were quite uncomfortable!