Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Dec 13, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, vampires, books-i-go-rabid-over, books-i-own, my-hottie-harem, author-richelle-mead, signed-by-author, necromancer, favorites, read-in-2010
Recommended for: Everyone, especially vampire fanatics
Read in April, 2010 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I absolutely love this entire series and I cannot believe that I stopped reading this book to focus more on school. Blood Promise is an amazing book! It's probably one of my favourites. This fourth book made me fall in love with Dimitri (even as a Strigoi). For some odd reason, I was infatuated with Christian and Adrian from the beginning that I never took any notice of Dimitri ... until now. And it may be too late because Rose and Dimitri may never be together again. It's quite heartbreaking.

This book is a lot more brooding and sensitive. Even though I already loved Rose from the very first book, I felt like she was more real in this installment. She was heartbroken, and lost, and lonely and the only way to fix herself was to fix the world (and kill Dimitri).

The "love scenes" between Rose and Dimitri are so sweet and memorable that you wonder why Richelle didn't let any of this happen between them earlier. You desparately wish for something more to happen between them. You can see how Dimitri's presence makes Rose a happier person. The weight of the world is lifted from her shoulders once Dimitri is there. It shows how much she loves him and you see her as a lady in love.

Lissa and Rose also reunite in the novel and I'm so glad for it. They belong together. Lissa is simply not herself when Rose is away. As a result, her relationship with Christian falters and there's trouble in paradise. On that note, the only complaint that I have about this book is the lack of scenes with Christian. I wished we had more of his funny comments and sarcastic personality.

Another character, Avery Lazar comes into the picture and messes around with the perfect circle of friends that has serious consequences. Adrian also gets tangled with Avery (which makes me hate her even more).

Nevertheless, this book was awesome. There's a really good twist towards the end that makes the wait for the next novel a living hell. I think I may die just waiting for it. Kudos to Richelle Mead for making such wonderful and successful books that keep readers wanting and yearning and pinning for the next one.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ I.Fucking.HATED.Avery.

Great review love! :D

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) ME TOO!! AVERY WAS SUCH A BITCH!!!

But she's not seen again in the series so its a fucking good thing!!!

Thank you! :)