Marissa's Reviews > Pale Demon

Pale Demon by Kim Harrison

Feb 25, 11

bookshelves: demons, magic, series, urban-fantasy, vampires, witches-wizards-warlocks, favorites
Read from February 23 to 25, 2011

Come on Rachel/Trent Lovin'! *fingersXtoesXcrossed*

So now that I have read the book I will say I am super excited about any future books to come. This was one of the best books in the series by far. The beginning car trip was a bit of a snore but quickly progressed in to an action packed, emotionally charged story rife with reveals that were (hopefully) meant to stir up the future of this series!
So many things happened that could change the direction of almost all the characters...its making me crazy right now just thinking about it. Rachel, Ivy, Jenks, Trent, Bis, Al, Newt, Pierce...even Vivian and Belle, my opinion feels, have a nicely hinted at storyline as well.
I hate giving spoiler reviews so I cannot really say much else, but I will admit I was determined to drop this series like a hot potato if it didn’t improve. However, my love for this series has been renewed, like a fully charged battery. I want more. Preferably with more Rachel/Trent, but I won’t be too greedy just yet.
One quick personal opinion that has spoilery bits about a certain love life...
(view spoiler)
28 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pale Demon.

02/24/2011 page 76
18.0% ""The scent of fries mixed with that of dried blood somehow reminding me of my prom." Huh?"
02/24/2011 page 118
27.0% "Come on Rache! Trent naked and dripping wet in the shower and you don't even peek? Seriously? Maybe I wanted a look, did you ever think of that? Noooo, of course not, always thinking of yourself. Sheesh." 2 comments
02/24/2011 page 250
58.0% ""No way was he getting his tackle anywhere near me." Went from Eww no, to LMAO here."

message 1: by Sammy (new)

Sammy I haven't read this series. Is it pretty good?

message 2: by Marissa (last edited Jul 27, 2010 09:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marissa This is a tough one to recommend. The series is really good and different but its hard for a lot of people to get through the first book. It gets a lot better but then waivers a bit around book 6 and 7. Then 8 gets right back on track and 9 promises to be even better. LOL Im not much help im sure! Sorry. I would say get the first one from the library and see if you can get through it, so you dont actually pay for it, just in case! Oh and Jenks the main sidekick/partner, has some of the funniest phrases Ive ever heard.

Essence Can't wait to see where the Trent Rachel relationship gets now after the ending to 8 but I can't agree wit yu more...more Trent.

Essence Sammy wrote: "I haven't read this series. Is it pretty good?"

I would definitely recommend the series. I actually found books 2-4 harder to get through then the others. Books 1, 5-8 are absolutely amazing. If I could I would be breathing down Harrison's back just to catch a glimpse of 9. Hope this helps.