Vanessa's Reviews > Taken at the Flood

Taken at the Flood by Agatha Christie

May 31, 2010

Read from May 27 to 31, 2010

I like almost everything "Hercule Poirot" but this one has to be one of my favorites. I listened to the audio book read by Hugh Frasier, and it was well done. Hugh Frasier is actually the actor who played Hastings in the PBS mystery Poirot series starring David Suchet. And I have to say, he does a pretty decent Poirot as well.

Ms. Christie, once again, weaves an intricate tale, starting with little tidbits of background information regarding the mystery and the characters. There is considerable time put into their histories, predilections, and weaknesses. You start off in one direction, and then you are led through a maze of clues, distractions, and misdirections. In the reveal part of the story, I am always amazed at the small clues I have missed along the way.

Another great Agatha Christie novel!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken at the Flood.

05/29/2010 "audio book disc 4 of 5"

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Vanessa, I really enjoyed your review of this book. I have not read it, but I agree with you about Christie.

I had watched all of the Poirot mysteries on PBS and really liked Hastings! I can envision him doing this reading.

Vanessa A little late with my reply, but thanks Barbara. I have to say he does a pretty good job; I was very pleasantly surprised.