Amanda's Reviews > The Historian

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Oct 24, 10

bookshelves: unworthy-of-finishing
Read from September 15 to October 24, 2010

UPDATE: OK OK I admit it this book has officially defeated me. I cannot imagine making myself suffer through another boring page.

The main reasons I bought this book were because of the subject matter and the buzz I was hearing about it. While I am enjoying the story overall I hope I am still somewhat in the setup portion of things to come.

So far it is about a little girl who tags along with her father as he travels across Europe lecturing. Along the way he tells her stories of this forays into the history of Vlad Teppes (AKA Drakulya). So everything that has actually happened so far other than their random travels has been past tense. I am just waiting for some present tense action to keep my interests peeked. Although in all fairness, the other books I have read as of late have been quite a bit shorter and less historic in nature so not a great setup for this one.

Right now I will just have to appease myself by reading a shorter faster paced book in between every five chapters or so of this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Historian.