Megan's Reviews > The Alibi

The Alibi by Sandra Brown

May 11, 10

Read in May, 2010

I am currently reading The Alibi, by one of my favourite authors, Sandra Brown. It is one of her earlier "suspense" novels (published 1999). The plot is interesting and the author, typically, gets right into the story from the first sentence. There is no "beating about the bush" here!

The main character, Hammond Cross, is on a fast-track to becoming Charleston's next district attorney. He has all the right credentials: son of one of the most prominent families,an impeccable track-record within the department,and all the right connections...but he is unwittingly drawn into a high-profile murder by someone who wants to use a "chance" meeting with him to establish their alibi. Cross is physically and emotionally drawn to this character and his life, as well as his career prospects, are inexorably altered by this association.

The writing is fast and gripping. It makes for perfect leisure-time reading and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is not my favourite Sandra Brown, but I would definitely recommend it to lovers of the Suspense-Romance genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alibi.