Steve's Reviews > Wild Evolution

Wild Evolution by C. Fern Cook

Jun 16, 10

bookshelves: ebooks, received-from-author-or-publisher
Read from June 03 to 15, 2010

The present tense telling of this story was a little strange, but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. In my opinion, the best part of the book was trying to figure out all along if Dan Tucker was a good person or a bad person. I didn't really reach a conclusion, though it seems apparent that he is intended to be a good person.

There were some spelling errors and things in the Kindle edition that I read that turned me off a bit, but those aren't really pertinent to the story. Cook did a good job of creating a realistic setting for the story due to her familiarity with the actual places that make up that setting.

I personally could have done without the "sex scenes" in the book, although there were only a few of them and they were pretty short. To me they almost felt forced and a bit out of place in a story that I considered to be more of a decent thriller in a rural setting than anything of a romance. I never could quite figure out the relationship between Dan and Angela in general, but it wasn't crucial because the story was really about Dan anyway. His relationship with Angela is only one of many that together make up an interesting web of intrigue.

For me, that's what made this story enjoyable. Trying to understand how Dan interacts with other creatures, human and animal, given his situation is what kept me interested in this story right up to the end. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in a fairly quick and unique read. It's unique in the sense that I'm not sure how to categorize it. I'm definitely looking forward to reading Wild Justice next.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Evolution.