Daniel's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

May 10, 2010

did not like it

Bloody awful.

Imagine this: The Catcher In The Rye was fucked rough by A Million Little Pieces. The zygote's DNA was re-spliced with 1980's panic journalism and bombarded with x-rays for six months. It was then delivered premature on a bloody altar beneath a full moon and methodically, repeatedly dropped on its head by Chuck Palahniuk.

Any plot whose central premise is an amnesia of the daytime TV variety belongs in a very special category. For me that category is "books to be burned with their authors atop the pyre."

If you loved it, fuck you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

03/12/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Eva (last edited Sep 06, 2011 08:52AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Eva Leger Very awesome review!

message 2: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah Walker I haven't read it yet, i was just looking at previous reviews. Fucking loved this :L

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose Wow, I had it in my shopping basket in book depository and am now proceding to delete it. Thank you.

Israa easy dude!

Katie You are trying too hard.

Celine Haha. Awesome review. Couldn't have said it better myself. This book was crap!

message 7: by Jig (last edited Aug 27, 2012 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jig haha well we know that you are a terrible writer yourself. You weren't funny, clever, or insightful at all. How pretentious are you? I don't even care about the book, but you literally said nothing in this review. A lot of fancy cynical words and analogies that literally didn't amount to anything coherent or accurate, just the fact you are trying too hard to show some unrealized intelligence in a comment box. Besides Celine the only people that liked this review were people that didn't read it. The people who have read it realize that the book wasn't at all like any of that bullshit you just spewed. You really need to get over yourself pal.

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah ^ Jig, you really need to look up the word "literally" before you misuse it again.

This review is fucking hilarious. A+.

Daniel No he's probably right. I think I am trying too hard to be show.

Jules Woah, this review is pretty damn funny (do I sense a Tv Tropes influence, or are my spidey senses in need of a tuning?) but I do still intend to give the book a whirl (so to speak).

message 11: by Jig (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jig Leah wrote: "^ Jig, you really need to look up the word "literally" before you misuse it again.

This review is fucking hilarious. A+."

Leah let me guess, you have never read this book? Everything he says in this "review" is nothing at all like the book. I don't even care that he, or anyone else didn't like it. I can definitely see a lot of reasons why someone wouldn't like it. My vice with this review is that he didn't say anything even close to relevant to the book.

He could easily write the same exact review for any coming of age novel and narrow minded people would allow themselves to be manipulated into thinking that it is somehow accurate.

MaryLiz LeBoeuf Jig is right. The only piece of this review that was relevant in any way to the book was The Catcher in the Rye reference.

message 13: by Jig (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jig MaryLiz wrote: "Jig is right. The only piece of this review that was relevant in any way to the book was The Catcher in the Rye reference."

Jennifer Mcintyre *insert any generic title you dislike here*

message 15: by Leon (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leon RE Jig wrote: "Leah let me guess, you have never read this book? Everything he says in this "review" is nothing at all like the book."

No shit, it's still funny though. The book is like a reincarnation of Catcher in the Rye, except it stepped up the cheesiness, whining and coming-of-age cliches.

Lynette Well, I just read the book today, and I agree with this review (but not vehemently).

Misty Just about the best book review I've ever read!

Jordan Prentice I'm sorry about that thing that happened to you

Mihika Tumblr best book review i've read aah

message 20: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Deme Fuck you asswipe

sarah best.

Jason i fucking hated A Million Little Pieces

message 23: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Daniel, you can dislike a book without saying 'fuck you' to anyone who disagrees with you. The book is very important to me because it made me feel less alone, helping me through similar emotional issues to Charlie. I don't care whether you hated the book but please don't shame people who liked it, especially if the premise of your dislike is purely literary.

message 24: by Tori (new) - added it

Tori James Not very sure why some people are saying thank you and this comment was so great (when they haven't even read the book) for this comment when this commenter is clearly bashing the author. I understand that you may not like the book but there's no need to act like a bitch about it. We're all entitled to our opinions but that might be just taking it a little too far in some way or another. I have yet to read the book but I have seen the movie (something a reader should absolutely positively never do) but I know for a fact that it wasn't as bad as this person is making it seem.

message 25: by Tori (new) - added it

Tori James This whole comment just seemed like you had some life issues going on where someone called you an idiot and you didn't have anyway to prove them wrong so you came on here and made a comment about a book (that probably isn't as bad as you make it seem and only the people that can't think for themselves are the ones to believe what you said) and make everyone else seem dumb just because you can use big words.

message 26: by Shh (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shh lolololol!

Nisarg Dear a**hole.
Every individual has their own opinions and you need to learn to respect them and stop being a bitch. A whiny bitch. I loved the book and I was okay with you and so many others not liking it. Until, you: quote-"If you loved it, fuck you." Well here is the thing,'Fuck you. And your eyebrows.'
Love Always,
The pissed off dude that wants to smack your face with a bloody metal chair, thrice.

Diana Well thank you kindly buddy, and also fuck you very much as well! :D

message 29: by Charlie (new)

Charlie You probably have no idea what this book is actually about.

message 30: by Liv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liv Juarez Lol this isn't a fucking novel dude stop trying so hard to be sophisticated

None of your Bussiness Hey lookee ere mother fuckers. Extreely rude and shit.

message 32: by Zina (new) - rated it 1 star

Zina Your first paragraph is much cleverer and more engaging than this piece of trite shit of a book.

Willow Kasper Lore This is the best review for this book. Thank you.