Helmisade's Reviews > The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?

The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren

May 10, 10

bookshelves: christian, non-fiction, have-a-copy

This book had been recommended to me by a lot of people when I started reading it. I was in a point in my life when I was thinking about my future a lot, so it was definitely the right time for reading this book.
The book gave me a lot of encouragement and determination the find God's plan for my life. There was especially one sentence that I kept repeating to myself: "Don't waist your life in a job that does not reflect your heart." (not a direct quote)
However, there were parts of the book that I read very quickly and didn't completely agree with. When I talk about this book to others, I usually tell them to be selective: take the good things and forget the rest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Purpose-Driven Life.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angella (new)

Angella I heard about this book some years a go.My pastor told us to read it but i have not done so as yet. Glad to know it was of help.

Kristi I have said the same thing! There are parts that are really good and encouraging and other parts that are so-so. Great review.