Spencer's Reviews > Theodore Rex

Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris

May 09, 10

Read in May, 2010

This is the second book in a trilogy biography of Teddy Roosevelt. The first in the series, "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt", was more enjoyable for me than "Theodore Rex", but I still enjoyed this one. Although this is the fourth book I've read about Teddy Roosevelt, it is the first one I've read that covers his time as president. Ironically, I found this part of his life less interesting than his pre- or post-presidency period. Still, I would definitely say that Roosevelt is the most interesting person I've ever read about...so even his dullest moments are pretty fascinating. I was very excited to discover that the third book in this trilogy will come out this November (called "Colonel Roosevelt"), 9 years after the publication of "Theodore Rex" and 31 years after the publication of "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" - yes folks, this trilogy has been in the works for 3-4 decades. I would recommend that everyone read at least one book about Teddy, and this book is certainly worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Theodore Rex.