Landon Wilneff's Reviews > Scorpia

M_50x66
May 09, 10

Read in April, 2010

SSR Project Book Review

For my “really good book”, I read Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz. This is the fifth book in the Alex Rider series which was alright to this point. Scorpia was the best book in the series by far that I have read. This book is very suspenseful and has more action than the other books. Also, the author uses many interesting settings in this book. It starts out in Venice, Italy. The next setting is in Naples, and Alex finally goes back to his hometown of London, England. There were many unexpected twists and turns in this book that made the story better and more surprising. As good as this book is, the author has a few weaknesses. One weakness is that this book is very long. It took me a long time to finish, and parts of this novel were not necessary and would make the book much shorter if they were to be removed. Additionally, some of the stunts Alex did could be a bit more realistic. Alex breaks into buildings and jumps at such high distances with such ease that it seems almost impossible to do, especially for a young boy. These weaknesses lead to my recommendations for improvement that his weaknesses should be fixed. Anybody who likes action and crazy stunts would love this book, but you would need to read the previous books in this series before reading Scorpia.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scorpia.