Carolyn F.'s Reviews > The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie

The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, favorites
Read from January 17 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

I re-read this book and just loved it. I loved everything about it. It was like curling up with my favorite blanket. I'm just so in love with Ian, such a sweet wonderful man. And the way Beth is so understanding and trying hard to be what he needs. Just AHHH!!!! Great book. You have got to read it!

previous review on 05/09/10 Wonderful book! Would recommend it. Lord Ian is autistic which at that time is mad. He meets Beth and is instantly attracted and vice versa. I just love how she's so open to what he is saying not how he is saying (never meeting her eyes). I also loved that she had all these smart comments which he didn't understand but that didn't stop her and she just said she was joking so he wasn't too confused. The only problem I found with the book was the inspector who ends up being part of the family. That felt like a rushed add-on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gigi I have this on my list of books to read this month! I can't wait!

Carolyn F. I think you'll really like it.

Gigi Carolyn! You were right! I really loved Ian! I can't wait to read Mac and Isabellas story Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage.

Carolyn F. I preordered the next book to make sure I get it when it first comes out. I'm glad you liked it too.

Gigi I should do the same thing. I really liked both Mac and Isabella also.

I loved that part of the story about his eyes because you really felt how something so simple can be so meaningful. Every time he looked at her directly I found myself touching my heart and going...."awww."

Carolyn F. Me too Gigi, he's one of my favorite male characters.

Gigi Love your review and I felt the same way. The only reason I gave it 4 was because I felt the same way about the ending. I wish we were allowed the option to rate something with a 1/2 a point. I would have definitely given it a higher rating if we could. That was my little quirk though- this book is definitely worth a 5 star rating. I adore Ian!

Carolyn F. I really love Ian too. I wish the author would do a book about him with his children and what his married life is like. With all his quirks, I bet it would a fantastic book.

Carolyn F. PS I loved the book so much I had to buy it. When I read it originally it was a library book. I kept recommending it to everyone and then thought I'd like to re-read it. I found it in hardback, which I didn't even know it came in hardback, at Half.com. I'd like to re-read it before the year ends.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I just LOVED this book!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know it came in hardcover!!! Wow!

Ronyell Great review!! I also felt that the inspector being the Mackenzies' half brother was a little abrupt.