Monday's Reviews > ePistols at Dawn

ePistols at Dawn by Z.A. Maxfield

194007
May 09, 10

bookshelves: erotica, queer, romance, conspiracies
Recommended to Monday by: Barnes & Noble
Recommended for: People who have the same kinks as me
Read on May 08, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I'm torn on this review. On the one hand, I love Jae and Kelly and Will and Shannon. What isn't to love when one is a 6'5" Asian man who wears tall boots with buckles; one is a writer; one is a houseboy, factotum and all around slut; and the last is the queer BFF/fag hag/awesome ball of adorableness. So this book was written with me in mind for the audience, and I say that with a sincerity beyond explanation. Tall men, Asian men, writers, houseboys/sluts, queer faghags, i mean, DAMN, does Z.A. Maxfield know my kinks or what?

So all that is good, great even if you're me, and yet, I felt like the story had been compressed in some odd ways. I wondered if there were edits that cut out some scenes I would have liked to see. Jae moved from lust to love too quickly for me. I believed he felt it, but the move was quick, and there wasn't enough hesitation.

And what was with Will's story? Maybe I need another book, or the same events through Will's eyes, but there were a lot of questions about Will, and the answers just gave me more questions. So I'm glad that Will had a happy ending, but there was not enough about his history, and the fact that Kelly didn't have more questions, and Jae didn't have more - I don't know - I struggled with that.

Will I read this again? Definitely. Do I wish there were more, hells yes. If you want an easy read, but not always a fluffy read, give this a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ePistols at Dawn.