Elena's Reviews > Angels' Blood

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal, romance, reviewed
Recommended to Elena by: Felicia Day
Read from July 10 to 13, 2010

3.5 stars, really.

I was expecting urban fantasy (for some unknown reason) and got paranormal romance, but once I got over that mild shock and switched mental gears, I quite enjoyed this book. Though the egregiously whitewashed cover makes me cranky. I mean really, not even white people are that white, unless they have some sort of condition, and Elena isn't white (she is described on page freaking two as having "dark gold skin").

I was also a bit put off by the main character being named Elieanora, which she has shortened to Elena, of all things, which was then shortened further to the nickname Ellie. None of those names really go together, in my opinion as an Elena. I've yet to meet one who goes by Ellie, and I've definitely never met anyone who landed on Elena as a nickname for something else. So that was a bit jarring every time I came across it in the text.

But, well, my quibbles are minor. This book had a solid romance and an interesting enough plot to go along with it, and I'll definitely pick up the next in the series the next time I'm in the mood for a romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.