Aorta's Reviews > The Shadow of Your Smile

May 12, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: mystery
Read in May, 2010

This has to be one of the worse books I have ever read. Looking at the book critcially I have found no redeaming qualities in either the writting style or plot. I am convinced that no one edited this book before it was submitted. Not only were there grammer errors, which if I can spot is means it's pretty bad, but the sentence structure was muddled and confusing. Also there was too much inner dialog and pointless details. I as a reader am not reallyconcerned about what the numerous charecters had for breakfast or if they showered or not.
The plot was just as muddled as the sentenced structure. The plethra of charecters, who contributed little or nothing to story, made the already confusing storyline worse. The plot also had terrible pacing. The plot moved at a snails' pace until the last fifty pages where there was a rush ending which left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. The title of the book, to my dismay, was never explained. To me though, I imagine it's the smile I would get throwing this book out of the garbage.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of Your Smile.

08/14 marked as: read

Karen Exactly what I am getting as I read through it.

Singletary This does not appear to be a book review. It's more like a review of an author you do not like. Now, may I ask you? Who edited your post here? You have seven spelling errors of which one is duplicated.

For your information, sentence structure is called syntax.

While you are tossing this book in the garbage, I hope your review accompanies it. You are barely a reader, let alone a writer.

Lisa Apparently MHC names all of her books after songs, but I'm not sure how she chooses the title for each. They don't seem to be related to the plot.