Zweegas's Reviews > Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt

Christ the Lord by Anne Rice

Dec 09, 07

Read in July, 2006

This is the only Anne Rice book I've ever read. I've tried reading others but they didn't hold my interest -- so I'm open to suggestions about that. Anne Rice is definitely an interesting person with an uncommon point of view but I tried not to think about that while reading this book because the book itself is pretty amazing. I don't see this as a religious book at all just because millions of people consider the main character to be their saviour. There are a lot of other characters in a lot of other novels I consider to be my saviours in one way or another.

I'm a sucker for stories about a child growing up and discovering his specialness and gifts which is what this book is about. This book is so beautifully written that it turns a common story into something poetic and universal.

Also, my Christian childhood might have something to do with why I love it so much too. I appreciate all the details and research that went into creating the time and place and the making characters with sympahtetic attitudes and situations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christ the Lord.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Douglas Brent,
While I haven't read this book of Rice's I enjoyed The Mummy when I read it several years ago.

Colin

John Have you picked up the second book in the series? I got it right when it came out :-D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you ever read the interview of the vampire.very well done.