Jamie Saloff's Reviews > The Celestine Prophecy

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

Dec 09, 07

Recommended for: those beginning their spiritual search.
Read in January, 1994

In many ways, The Celestine Prophecy was the book that opened the door to the New Age movement in books. Before this book, finding a book on spirituality meant reading "longhair" books that often spoke in ethereal terms. Finding any of these such books meant traveling to a large bookstore, or, by chance, coming upon a hide-away shop that specialized in such things. The Celestine Prophecy blew open the publishing door by staying on the bestseller lists for years. Why? Because it offered an enjoyable tale that could be read quickly while easily explaining a few simple keys. As we know now, it launched not only a whole series of sequel books and a movie, it opened the door to countless other writers and seekers who were starving for more. For me, this book stood for hope as I worked tirelessly to find the right words to write my own book. I had begun writing in 1990, this book showed up in mass in 1993, after Warner Books took Redfield's self-published version to press. It would take me many more years, many still closed doors, before my own book, Transformational Healing: Five Surprisingly Simple Keys Designed to Redirect Your Life Toward Wellness, Purpose and Prosperity, would be born. But it is thanks to authors like Redfield, who pounded the pavement and made it possible for the rest of us to bring our words to you. You can learn more about my book by visiting me on the author's website www.PolkaDotBanner.com .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Celestine Prophecy.