Jennifer's Reviews > Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile

Fables, Vol. 1 by Bill Willingham

Jul 02, 10

bookshelves: graphic-novels-and-mangas, paranormal-fantasy, fairy-tale, bill-willingham, 2010, pete-owns
Recommended to Jennifer by: Pete & Nate
Recommended for: Colleen, Lyn
Read from May 06 to 07, 2010

This is the first comic book I've read aside from the large collection of Archie comics that I own. I have to say, these are fantastic. I've read the first two and find the concept amazing. The storyline is that all of the characters from fables and fairytales (and I do mean all of them!) are living in New York amongst the humans. Snow White is the Operations Manager of Fableland, the Big Bad Wolf is a detective and King Cole is the Mayor. The animals from the Jungle Book make an appearance, as does Goldilocks & the 3 bears, the 3 little pigs, Prince Charming, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and the list goes on...

Everyone should read these. They're a lot of fun and I honestly can't wait to get my hands on the next 12. If you're not into comics, don't be turned away from these. They read wonderfully!

A Wolf in the Fold (prose story from the Legends In Exile trade paperback): Explains the history of Bigby Wolf and Snow White, and how they came to the mundane world.

Legends In Exile (issues 1 to 5): The introduction to Fabletown. Sheriff Bigby Wolf investigates the apparent murder of Rose Red.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fables, Vol. 1.