Beanbag Love's Reviews > Angel's Peak

Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr

May 08, 10

Read from May 06 to 08, 2010

I didn't dislike this book, but I can't rate it as highly as the others. I loved Sean in Luke and Shelby's book. What a stinker he was ... in an adorable, diabolical way. And his love interest is extremely likable.

But nothing really happens. It all just kind of lays there. One of the things I like about this series is how real it feels. But, maybe this one is too real. Too close to the mundane.

And when things did happen, like with Maureen and George, it felt forced. Like Carr needed a second romance in there so she pushed them together. Not that I mind the older romances, this one just felt too-much-too-soon. Especially with their different cultural backgrounds and outlooks. It could have been a nice through-line for a few books, but it all got shoved into one.

So, I'm actually going to pick up the next book asap because I still love the setting and I'm never ready to leave Virgin River when the book is finished. Even if I haven't loved the story itself.

This one isn't terrible or annoying it's just ... there. Too bad. Sean's story should have been a lot more fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Peak.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ally72 Hi Bean! Have fun reading this book! I am anxious to get back to Virgin River soon. I hope this is a good one!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review. I struggled with this book and eventually abandoned it. Some day, I'll go back to it. I do enjoy this series, but you're right when you said this seemed forced.

BJ Rose Good review, Beanbag - I had the same feeling of disappointment with this one.

Tokies im really shocked how much i hated this book. i like Fran i dont like how she never told him but i dont mind it. Some folks just aren't ready for kids and madness. Sean is so not worth it. Just not even worth it. I'm shock because most of the guy's are worth a damn