Leeanna's Reviews > The World's Easiest Astronomy Book

The World's Easiest Astronomy Book by Hitoshi Nakagawa

May 06, 10

Read in May, 2010

The World's Easiest Astronomy Book, by Hitoshi Nakagawa

If you've ever been curious about space, but turned off by books filled with formulas and scientific detail, "The World's Easiest Astronomy Book" is for you.

In 44 short chapters or lessons, the author answers many questions about life in space, space exploration, and the universe. Lessons include, "Why is the Sky Blue," "Could Mankind Live on the Moon," "Life on the Space Station - Language and Food," and "What is Outside the Universe?" Each lesson is accompanied with simple drawings that really add to the text; they look as if they were drawn with crayons or colored pencils and were originally what caught my eye the first time I flipped through the book. Also at the end of each explanation is a short sentence or two answering the original question posed.

"The World's Easiest Astronomy Book" is unpretentious, educational, insightful, and just plain fun to read. I learned quite a bit about the universe, space exploration, the possibility of living in space one day, and even some tidbits about other planets, such as the atmosphere of Mars or Venus.

Definitely recommended for anyone interested in learning more about astronomy, and I think this would even be a pretty good book for curious youngsters. While I was reading it, I kept telling tidbits to my parents (I was in the car), because I found fun fact after fun fact.

4/5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World's Easiest Astronomy Book.